Non-Executive Directors are required to be a member of the Foundation Trust. You can apply to become a member here.
An individual who lives in one of the following Public Constituencies may become or continue as a Member of the Foundation Trust:
- Metropolitan Borough of Wirral;
- Cheshire East Council;
- Cheshire West & Chester Council; and
- Out of area.
A person may not become or continue as a Director of the Foundation Trust if:
- they are a member of the Council of Governors, or (unless the Board of Directors so agrees) a governor or director of an NHS Body;
- they are a member of the Foundation Trusts’ Patient’s Forum (or any successor organisation);
- they are the spouse, Partner, parent or child of a member of the Board of Directors of the Foundation Trust;
- they are a member of a local authority’s Scrutiny Committee covering health matters;
- they are the subject of a disqualification order made under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986;
- they are a person whose tenure of office as a Chairman or as a member or director of an NHS Body has been terminated on the grounds that their appointment is not in the interests of the health service, for non attendance at meetings, or for non-disclosure of a pecuniary interest;
- they have within the preceding two years been dismissed, otherwise than by reason of redundancy, from any paid employment with an NHS Body;
- in the case of a Non-Executive Director they have refused without reasonable cause to fulfill any training requirement established by the Board of Directors; or
- they have refused to sign and deliver to the Secretary a statement in the form required by the Board of Directors confirming acceptance of the code of conduct for Directors.